Spring 2020 Action Theme
Support to heal our minds should be a human right. Until that day, there’s a lot we can do.
Please note, that due to the COVID-19 pandemic the awarding of this grant has been delayed, as there are several fantastic projects in the running that cannot take place during social distancing. We look forward to resuming the awarding process when it is appropriate!
Normalize therapy, champion mental health. The best way we can do more for each other is if we are whole ourselves. Just like exercise, developing your mental health also keeps you healthy and strong. In the time since Be Interactive gave away $360,000 in therapy, we’ve had many community members reach out with great ideas of how they want to do more, and we can’t resist. The next grant theme is Mental Health.
What’s your plan to improve the mental health of others, or help to normalize therapy?
Your project could be educating people about mental illness, building resources to further the cause of mental health, championing the benefits of therapy or offering it to those who have no access. You might want to spread the word of a program that’s doing a lot of good with a video or a study. We want to hear about it all. The ways to contribute toward a future where caring for our minds is normal are many, and we anticipate lots of good ideas. Individuals and nonprofits alike are welcome to apply.
- The Nap Ministry combats the grind by championing rest as resistance.
- Kevin Breel speaks out in his confessions of a depressed comic.
- Hyperbole and a Half uses comics and humor to speak out on subjects like depression and self-hate.
- Headspace is an app that teaches people how to meditate, a practice that improves mental health for many.
- Bassnectar gives away 1000 months of free therapy, and then more, eventually totaling $360,000 of free therapy.
- The Fuller Life Foundation helps connect veterans to believe that therapy is normal, and connects them to mental healthcare resources.
Grant Amount: $0-10,000
You tell us what you need within this range. Some may only need help and collaborators, or a platform to share. Others may have a big project that requires a lot of money in mind. Both are equally welcome to apply.
Timeline & Application
The first phase application opens February 12 and closes March 15 at 11:59 pm PT.
Your project must be complete and ready for everyone to see within four months of the date you receive funding.
The application process first requires you to submit a summary, then if we are interested you will be asked to create a budget and provide references, as well as a summary of your project and your qualifications. Don’t worry, it’s not as hard as it sounds, and we’re here to support you.
For those who are invited to apply with more details, the second phase application has been extended to Sunday, April 5 at 11:59 pm PT.